Undoubtedly, the most important part of any home is the roof overhead. For most people, their home is the largest financial investment they make, and having a sturdy roof is one surefire way to protect said investment.
Nevertheless, like all things, roofs eventually hit their expiration date and need to be repaired or replace. If you’re worried about the shingles on your roof, what are some telltale signs that indicate they’re deteriorating?
Signs Your Shingles Are Going Bad
- You see loose screws and screw heads scattered about
- You notice shingles appear out of place, perhaps after a major storm
- You notice shingles are losing their shape, and are curling or blistering
- The roof appears droopy
- The shingles on your roof appear discolored and aged
- Your energy bills are higher because your roof is not keeping your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer
- You notice water damage in your attic or ceilings
- The roof has been around for several decades, and you worry it’s aging out
Those are just some examples that could suggest the shingles on the roof on your home are going bad. Nevertheless, the only way to know for sure is to have a roofing expert come to inspect the roof and provide you with an objective evaluation of its current status.
In the East Stroudsburg, PA area, Roofing by Bruce has helped countless homeowners extend the life of their roof throughout our roof repair services. In the event you need a total roof replacement, we can provide you with high quality options, while getting the job done efficiently.
For more information or to schedule a FREE consultation, contact us today.