It goes without saying that the roof is the most important part of any home or building. As such, it’s vital that you properly maintain it and take good care of it. We often think of things you should do to keep it in prime shape…but what are the things you shouldn’t do? Here are 5 things to never do to your roof.
- Don’t ignore the gutters. Gutters protect your home’s foundation, siding and doors from rainwater, and failing to clean them out could have terrible consequences that create huge headaches for you.
- Don’t try to power wash your roof. It feels good giving your home and roof a deep clean, but it can be dangerous to power wash it because it can expedite the deterioration of the materials that comprise your roof.
- Don’t try to fix leaks on your own. Going up to your roof to try to find where the leak is coming from could turn what may be a small issue into a bigger one.
- Don’t add multiple layers to y our roof. Like wearing too many layers in the winter, it will make your roof too heavy and cause more problems that it would if it stayed lean.
- Don’t ignore dangerous branches near your roof. You never really know how heavy a tree branch is…until it falls. Get out in front of the problem and have it properly trimmed to avoid it falling on your roof and causing serious damage.
Those are just a few of many examples. Ultimately, it’s best to trust in roofing professionals to care for your roof. In the East Stroudsburg, PA, Roofing by Bruce provides FREE estimates on work for our clients. For more information, contact us today.