Like all things in life, roofs eventually have an expiration date. Nevertheless, there are certain things you can do to extend the life of yours, saving you from having to pay a high replacement cost. Here are eight things you should do to help extend the life of your roof.
- Only let licensed and insured professionals work on it if you have an issue
- Have ice dams removed—or better yet, prevent them from happening in the winter.
- Make sure you have great attic insulation so it helps keep your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer
- Remove moss and mildew from it and keep it clean (just don’t pressure wash it)
- Be proactive and have it inspected every now and again by a professional so you can get out in front of issues
- Keep the gutters in great working condition
- If you’re having a new one installed, select reliable, durable materials that are proven to last longer
- If you have a pest control problem on your roof, have it taken care of right away
In the East Stroudsburg, PA area Roofing by Bruce has helped countless clients extend the life of their roof through our professional roofing services. We have years of experience and provide a wide range of roofing services, including but not limited to roof inspections, repairs and installations. Best of all, we provide FREE estimates, and we will work tirelessly to make sure your roof lasts you for years to come.
For more information, contact us today.